Vivita creativity accelerator is an international network of invention and innovation laboratories for children and youth, which today operates in eight countries in Europe, Asia and the USA. Vivita’s head office is located in Tallinn, Estonia. Our goal is to give children the skills, mindset and tools for invention, design, creative problem solving and entrepreneurship. With us, children can invent and create products and services and participate in local and international design projects, the goal of which is to make products and services for children and families, as well as public space, more inclusive and child-friendly. We believe that involving children in design, development and innovation helps create more diverse products and services and address societal bottlenecks. Vivita’s Invention Labs are designed for school-age children and participation in the activities is free for children.
Community manager – communications specialist
We are looking for an enthusiastic community manager-communications specialist to join our team, who is responsible for growing and maintaining a friendly, creative and collaborative community, and who can communicate our messages wittily and effectively in both internal and external communications.
Expectations for the candidate
You are positive and motivated, you are good at expressing your thoughts in writing and orally in both Estonian and English, and it is not difficult for you to write down other people’s thoughts in an easy-to-understand way. You create communication plans and follow them with playful ease. You have a sparkle and energy that draws others into the activities as well. You like working with children and young people aged 9-18 years, you are happy to guide them and learn and discover new fields with them. You like challenges and are solution-oriented. You are said to be proactive, a good time planner, and a creative developer of new solutions. Perhaps you have some other good technical/creative skills that you would like to share with the children.
We expect from you:
- Communication education or similar professional qualification
- At least 2 years of experience as a communications specialist or in a similar position.
- Very good written and oral skills in Estonian and English. Knowledge of other languages is a bonus!
- Good understanding of social media platforms and ability to use them effectively.
- Thorough understanding of various communication tools, including social media, press releases, web content and more.
- Ability to plan and implement communication strategies and monitor their effectiveness.
- Ability to react quickly and effectively solve communication challenges.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and engage community members.
- Good teamwork skills and the ability to cooperate both locally and internationally.
- Analytical thinking and the ability to use data to make decisions.
- Creativity and innovation to provide new ideas and approaches to communication and community engagement.
- Good communication, planning and listening skills.
- Willingness to work even on weekends.
- Previous experience working with children (teaching, guiding) is an advantage
Why is it great to work with us?
At Vivita, you have the opportunity to participate in the first big projects of a new generation of entrepreneurs, inventors and world changers. We have a self-managing team where you can organize your own work and invent new things, as well as a pleasant free atmosphere and routine-free work. We like to experiment and learn from our experiments. We have an open and innovative international collective with whom to jointly build a global network of creativity accelerators. You can use modern tools and environments in your work (audio and video technology, tablets, robotics kits, laser cutter, 3D printer, various tools and materials). You can also use our workshop and its machine park to implement your personal projects.
Employees also have the opportunity to practise in some of our studios located in other parts of the world.
Sounds like the perfect job for you?
But then apply! Send us your CV and/or Linkedin profile link; and if you have a portfolio of previous works, refer to that as well. Also write to us why you would be the most suitable person to join our team.
Tallinn, Harju County, Estonia
Full time job